Last updated: 16 May 2022
As a Tutor, you are contracting directly with Preptical, regardless of whether another Preptical partner facilitates payments to you.
License to Preptical
You grant Preptical the rights to offer, market, and otherwise exploit your content. This includes the right to add captions or otherwise modify the content to ensure accessibility. You also authorize Preptical to sublicense these rights to your content to third parties, including to Users directly and through third parties such as resellers, distributors, affiliate sites, deal sites, and paid advertising on third-party platforms.
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your content from Preptical Academy at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, Preptical’s right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the content’s removal. However, (1) rights given to Users before the content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses and (2) Preptical’s right to use such content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record and use all or any part of your content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Preptical Academy. You grant Preptical permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, and demonstrating your content, or Preptical’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
Preptical’s rights to your content
The content you post as a Tutor (including lessons and courses) remains yours. By posting courses and other content, you allow Preptical to reuse and share it, but you do not lose any ownership rights you may have over your content.
By submitting or posting content on or through the platforms, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your content (including your name and image) in any and all media or distribution methods (existing now or later developed). This includes making your content available to other companies, organizations, or individuals who partner with Preptical for the syndication, broadcast, distribution, or publication of content on other media and using your content for marketing purposes. You also waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature applicable to all these uses, to the extent permissible under applicable law. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power, and authority to authorize us to use any content you submit. You also agree to all such uses of your content with no compensation paid to you.
As a Tutor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lessons, courses, exercises, practise tests, assignments, resources, answers, assessments, and announcements.
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- your content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the courses that you offer through your content and use of Preptical Academy; and
- you will ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libellous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through Preptical Academy or to any user;
- use Preptical Academy for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to Users;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed Preptical Academy (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent Preptical Academy;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other Tutors from providing their services or content; or
- abuse Preptical resources, including support services.
You agree to abide by Preptical’s content quality standards or policies prescribed by Preptical from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of Preptical Academy is subject to Preptical’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove content, suspend payouts, and/or ban Tutors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- content falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the User experience;
- a Tutor engages in behaviour that might reflect unfavourably on Preptical or bring Preptical into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- a Tutor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Preptical’s policies;
- a Tutor uses Preptical Academy in a way that constitutes unfair competition, such as promotion of their off-site business in a way that violates Preptical’s policies; or
- as determined by Preptical in its sole discretion
Tutors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with Users, so the only information you’ll receive about Users is what is provided to you through Preptical Academy. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those Users on the Preptical Academy platform and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store Users’ personal data outside the Preptical Academy platform. You agree to indemnify Preptical against any claims arising from your use of Users’ personal data.
Earnings and payments
Refer to the Understanding earnings on Preptical to learn about our Subscription Sharing Model.
Preptical makes all Tutor payments in Euros regardless of the sale’s currency. Preptical is not responsible for your foreign currency conversion fees, wiring fees, or any other processing fees that you may incur. Your Earnings report will show your converted revenue amount (in Euros).
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a Wise account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You must also provide any identifying information or tax documentation necessary for the payment of amounts due, and you agree that we have the right to withhold appropriate taxes from your payments. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
While you are a published Tutor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your content available on Preptical or your participation on Preptical; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks misleadingly or disparagingly;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your content; or
- use our trademarks to violate applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
Deleting Your Account
You can contact our support team if you want to have your Tutor account deleted. We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if Users have previously enrolled in your content, your name and that content may remain accessible to those Users after your account is deleted.
Miscellaneous Legal Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Preptical reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our platform. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our platform after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support Team. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our platform.